Frequently Asked QuestionsAnd Our Terms & Conditions
If you subscribe to my email list or any of my courses please know that I keep your information confidential. I will never sell, rent or in any way share your information with anyone else.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this course geared towards?
This course empowers youth teaching about topics such as self-awareness and being a good friend plus an intuitive approach to painting with video tutorials to improve drawing skills.
Young artists who in addition to learning meditation practices want to take their drawing and painting skills to the next level will also learn a lot from this program — especially if they have an interest in both abstract painting and drawing and painting the portrait. The contemplations are extremely valuable to anyone over the age of 10.
How does the Institutional course work?
Once registered, you’ll receive a login to access each day’s content on a private website (with one year access) The program is designed to run for five days plus the “Teacher’s Orientation” module.
All that is required is an internet connection, laptop and a large monitor or projector set up.
The five day course includes:
- One year access to the online classroom
- 5 content rich art demonstration videos including drawing and painting the portrait in acrylics
- 5 Contemplation Chats
- A very thorough and supportive “Teacher’s Orientation” video to help set up and manage an art class and the art supplies.
- Cost conscious suggestions for art supply purchases.
- An “Inspirational Artwork” video to help students see what other artists have done in this program to help them get ideas.
- A Brave Art workbook journal for each student
- A detailed list of required art supplies
- 2 downloadable, 5-minute audio meditations
- 1 optional 15 minute live call scheduled at your convenience
- PDF downloads of inspirational quotes, music note paper, collage imagery and helpful self-expression phrases for students to use in their artwork
- PDF downloads of artwork ideas to hang up in the classroom for opening up new ideas for creative possibilities.
- PDF downloads of art demonstrations
- PDF downloads of contemplation transcripts
How much is it and how do I register?
How much are art supplies for a classroom?
Will I learn a lot of new painting techniques in this course?
Do I have any direct contact with you?
I have never taken an online class before. How does it work?
- Access to high speed internet
- Flash Player
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Internal or external computer speakers
- A large projector screen and that hooks up to your computer
- Online courses do not include technical support for computers and hardware
- Laptop, tablet, desktop or phone with a camera
- Order includes a “Brave Art for Youth” workbook journal which you will receive in the mail.
What if I have issues playing back video?
- Try turning off HD.
- Web-browser issues: Some browsers may not support the Vimeo player. (Older versions of Firefox and Internet-Explorer seem to be problematic). Try launching the classroom in a different Browser: we’re finding Chrome and Safari to be the most stable.
- Full-screen: Click on the four tiny arrows next to the logo to watch the video in fullscreen. You can use the escape button to return to the post.
If problems persist, please contact us, and we’ll get back to you asap.
The Brave Art for Youth website was designed from the ground up to be viewable on a wide range of devices. This includes desktops, phones and tablets. However, there are some limitations.
If you’re experiencing issues with how the e-Course, or any other part of the site is looking and working, try to update to the newest version your hardware can support and if that doesn’t resolve the issue on your mobile device, desktop or tablet, or if something just doesn’t seem quite right, then please contact us.
How much physical space will I need?
For artists, just a dedicated table with access to a sink will suffice.
How do I access the course material?
Once you are logged in, you can access the course at any time by clicking your name at the top of the site. If you wish to change your password at any time, please visit: http://www.braveartforyouth.com/my-account.
All of the course material will be available to view online as soon as you purchase the course.
How in-depth is the teacher’s Orientation module? Do I need art experience to lead an art class?
What art supplies will I need?
This website https://order.arttoremember.com/ also helps schools create artful products that can be used in fund-raising efforts.
For homeschooling parents, there is this option too: http://arttoremember.com/resources-for-teachers/personal/
How much time will the students need?
Will there be video transcripts?
Do you have an affiliate program?
How do you make prints of your artwork?
- I photograph my original art piece with my Nikon D90.
- I might make a few adjustments in Photoshop depending on how the scan/ photo came out. The colour tones and brightness I adjust in Photoshop. Make sure to have your monitor/ screen CALIBRATED. The colours you see on your screen are sometimes not what your printer / Photoshop thinks they are. So, you may have adjusted a whole lot only to find out that the print comes out much darker than you had it on the screen.
- I print my prints at Office Depot. I have a good printer at home but they just turn out better there. They only charge around $1.00 max each and I request on medium heavy stock, glossy paper 8.5 x 11.
- Sending/ shipping. I send my print in a protective cellophane sleeve protected by a thick piece of cardboard and an A4 envelope.
- I include a colourful label on my print packages. I get my ordered over atmoo.co.uk whose quality is superb.